- Before booking, check that your system meets the requirements found in the ProProctor™ User Guide.
- Download and install ProProctor and Zoom (for the Speaking sub-test).
- Set your screen resolution to 1920 x 1080. Make sure your screen scaling is set to 100%. Find out how to set your screen resolution.
- Review the OET Speaking Test Online User Guide.
- You will not be able to access OET@Home using a Virtual Private Network (VPN).
Before booking OET@Home, please check that you are able to meet the system requirements to successfully take the test. You can find the system requirements in the ProProctor™ User Guide.
You will also need to take the following actions:
- Download and install the ProProctor™ application to take the Listening, Reading and Writing sub-tests (see instructions below)
- Download Zoom to take your Speaking sub-test (see instructions below)
- Set your screen resolution to the maximum that can be supported for your computer. The recommended resolution for OET is 1920 x 1080, which is higher than the minimum ProProctor requirement of 1024 x 768 for standard exams. Please also set your screen scaling to 100% for text to display correctly. How to set your screen resolution and what to do if you cannot meet the recommended resolution. Mac users: 2014 and newer computers should all exceed the recommended resolution.
OET Speaking Test at Home
You will take your Speaking test at home (or any other chosen location), using Zoom on a computer or tablet. Mobile phones may not be used.
Please see the OET Speaking Test Online User Guide for everything you need to know about the Speaking Test Online.
How to download and install Zoom:
- Click on http://zoom.us/download
- Click on the .exe file to begin the installation process
- Open the Zoom Cloud Meetings app and click Sign Up Free to sign in with your email address.
You must use the same email address that you used to book OET.