At OET, we understand that medical conditions and personal issues can have a major impact on your ability to effectively take the test. We aim to accommodate students by making testing accommodations to allow you to have a fair and equal opportunity to demonstrate your English language proficiency.
Click here if you are taking OET on paper
- We make every effort to enable all candidates to take OET on a level playing field.
- When you book the OET please let us know if you require testing accommodations to be made, and what accommodations you need.
- You must provide appropriate supporting documents in English.
How do I apply?
Apply for testing accommodations in the booking process:
- Go to booking.oet-global.com and start your application
- Enter your details and desired test location
- You will be prompted when choosing your test if you require testing accommodations as per the screenshot below.
Once you have notified us of your requirements you will receive a confirmation email with a link to the testing accommodations request form where you can provide full details of your requirements and supporting evidence.
You must provide supporting documents with your application that:
- Are in English
- Include a letter from a medical practitioner with the information or evidence required to approve your request.
Common reasons for needing testing accommodations:
- Medical issues
What testing accommodations are available?
We can provide one or more of the following Testing Accommodations at this time, depending on the specific requirements of your medical condition:
- Separate room
- Medication or equipment
- Noise cancelling headphones
- Extra time – for scheduled breaks or for the test itself
- Additional Lighting
- Enlarged text
- Unscheduled breaks
- Food requirements
- Nursing break (please note that children are not permitted to be with you at a Test Venue or during your OET Speaking Test Online);
- Any other accommodations as approved by OET from time to time.
If your specific Testing Accommodation is not in this list, please submit your request and we will contact you to discuss your requirements further.
- You must provide supporting evidence no later than 3 business days after you booked OET on computer.
- If you reschedule your test you will be required to resubmit your request.
- Please note that not all accommodations can be provided in all countries.
- For more information, see the OET Test Regulations.