TESTING ACCOMMODATIONS – OET at Centres, OET Speaking Test and OET@Home
- OET makes every effort to provide reasonable Testing Accommodations that enable all candidates to take OET on a level playing field.
- You can apply for Testing Accommodations by selecting this option during the booking process.
- After completing your booking, go to the Testing Accommodation Form and provide us with the information we need to review your request.
- Check the OET Test Regulations for more details.
At OET, we understand that medical conditions can have a major impact on your ability to effectively take the test. We aim to accommodate candidates by providing Testing Accommodations if medically needed.
How do I apply?
When booking your test, make sure you indicate that you will be requesting Testing Accommodations. You will receive a confirmation email after your booking has been completed with a link to the application form you need to complete.
Go to: https://oet.formstack.com/forms/cbt_testing_accommodation to access the form and where you can upload the required documentation.
You will need to describe the arrangement you need, the reason and provide a medical certificate together with other supporting documentation (if required).
While requests for Testing Accommodations must be reasonable, approved by OET (based on appropriate documentation) and scheduled prior to a candidate appearing for a test, we are committed to making sure you receive the appropriate accommodations to which you are entitled.
Testing Accommodations Available
We can provide one or more of the following Testing Accommodations at this time, depending on the specific requirements of your medical condition:
- Separate room;
- Medication or equipment required;
- Noise cancelling headphones;
- Extra time – for scheduled breaks or for the test itself;
- Additional Lighting;
- Zoomtext (enlarged text);
- Unscheduled breaks;
- Food requirements;
- Nursing break (please note that children are not permitted to be with you at a Test Venue or during your OET Speaking Test Online);
- Any other accommodations as approved by OET from time to time.
If your specific Testing Accommodation is not in this list, please submit your request and we will contact you to discuss your requirements further.
If you request a Testing Accommodation, you will be required to resubmit your request if you defer your application.
How do I know if my Testing Accommodation request is accepted?
You’ll receive a confirmation email if your Testing Accommodation request has been accepted. At that point, a representative from the Testing Accommodation team at Prometric will contact you to finalise your booking arrangements (for Listening, Reading and Writing sub-tests only). If any changes are required to your booking for the OET Speaking Test Online, we will contact you to arrange this.
Once your testing accommodation has been accepted by CBLA and in the event that your requirements cannot be met on the date or by the test delivery mode you have selected:
- You may need to change the mode selected and book in a new test or
- you will be offered a free deferral to another date or venue, or
- you will be offered a full refund.
Please note that not all accommodations can be provided in all countries.
For more information, see the OET Test Regulations.