Can I use my OET Results for UK Visas?

Quick read:

  • The UK Home Office has exempted Doctors, Nurses, Midwives and Dentists from taking  English test.
  • You can use your results for Tier 2 [general] visas if your results meet the requirements set out by your profession's regulatory council.
  • Check with your regulatory council for results requirements. 

The UK Government has exempted Doctors, Nurses, Midwives and Dentists from taking a UKVI approved English test for Tier 2 [general] visas. 

You cannot use your OET results for any other visa types because the UK Home Office's exemption only applied to Tier 2 [general] visas. 

Make sure you contact and check with your regulatory council about the OET results you need to meet their English language requirement. You can find links to the regulatory councils below:

General Medical Council

Nursing and Midwifery Council

General Dentist Council

Have more questions? Submit a request


Starting your international healthcare career is just a step away. Apply for the test
Powered by Zendesk