- Check OET Test Regulations 3.4 for a complete guide
- You can defer at any time up until test day
- Administration cost before application closing date is $120
- Administration cost after applications closing date passes is $200.
If you are registered for OET but are not able to attend the test on the date selected for any reason, you can defer to another available test date, subject to the conditions and fees listed below:
- You may defer at any time up to and including the day of the test providing you have NOT gone through the test day registration process at the test venue (subject to the payment of any applicable administration fees – see below)
- You must defer to a future open test administration date.
- No refunds are provided for deferrals.
- You must defer your whole application.
- A deferral cannot be reversed.
Deferral administration fees
|Up to the application closing date for the test administration.||
Login to your myOET candidate profile, locate your booking and select ‘Defer’.
The administration fee and the non-refundable booking fee will be deducted from your refund.
|After the application closing date for the test administration and up to the day before the test||
Either log in to your myOET candidate profile, locate your booking and select ‘Defer’ or contact OET Support via the OET website or by phone.
The administration fee will be charged. Your application will be deferred to the future test date you have selected.
|On the day of the test providing you have NOT gone through the test day registration process at the test venue.||
Complete the online Test Day Deferral form which must be submitted on Test Day.
CBLA will process your request. The administration fee will be charged. Your application will be deferred to the next available test date.