- Candidates with pre-existing conditions and personal issues can request special arrangements
- Apply for special arrangements during the OET application process
- You cannot organise an earlier Speaking test time through special arrangements
- Check 3.3 of our Test Regulations for more details.
At OET, we understand that medical conditions and personal issues can have a major impact on your ability to effectively take the test. We aim to accommodate students by making special arrangements if needed.
If you require special arrangements, it’s important you make these clear to us. You will need to describe the arrangement you need, the reason and provide supporting documentation, such as a medical certificate.
You can do this during the OET application process. During Step 3 Select a Venue:
- Select either Medical or Other
- Write a description of your medical condition or personal issue as well as the special arrangement you will need
- Attach and upload supporting documentation.
You’ll receive a confirmation email if your special arrangement request has been accepted. In the event that your requirements cannot be met on the date or at the venue you have selected you will be offered a free deferral to another date or venue, or a full refund.
For more information, see 3.3 of OET's Test Regulations.