- Check OET Test Regulations 4.3 for a full list of what you can and cannot bring.
- Follow the instructions laid out in the Notice to Candidates.
OET sets out a list of items you can and cannot take into your test. We do this to ensure all candidates sit OET fairly and have the same test experience.
Before you come along on test day, it's important to know if the items you bring will be allowed into the test venue. For instance, you're not allowed to take:
- MP3 players
- Mobile phones
You can bring
It is essential that on test day you bring the same valid, identification document that you used to register for the test.
For a full list of items and documentation you can and cannot take into the test room, make sure you read the OET Test Regulations.
Section 2. OET on computer at a venue
- Bring the valid ID you used to book with
- Bring your test venue confirmation number
- Check out our Ultimate guide to OET test day on computer.
To ensure all candidates have the same test experience we have created a list of items you can and cannot take.
We recommend taking a bag with you so you can keep your phone and other restricted items together while you take the test.
You can bring
The most important thing you need to bring with you is your valid ID document. Ensuring that it is the same one you booked the test with.
Test venue confirmation number
You can find this number in both your reminder email and your booking confirmation email. Please either print this email or take a note of the confirmation number and bring this with you.
A mask or face covering that covers your nose and mouth must be worn the whole time you are at the test venue.
You may bring a clear drink bottle with no label on it.
You cannot bring:
- Any paper
- Writing materials (e.g., pens, pencils, or highlighters)
- Correction fluid or tape
- Bags, notes or study materials
- Dictionaries or thesauruses
- Electronic items such as phones, headsets, MP3 players, cameras, and watches.
Note: If you bring any unauthorised items into the test venue they may be confiscated, and your exam terminated.