- Check the Apply for OET page on our website for more information
- Make sure your candidate photo meets OET requirements.
When you apply for the OET you will need to upload a suitable profile photo that meets the Photo Guidelines listed below.
To take OET you need to upload a recent, colour photo during the online application process. Please follow our guidelines carefully. If your photo does not follow the guidelines, you will not be able to sit OET.
The photo must be:
- White background
- .jpeg or .png format
- 200 KB and 2 MB in size
If your photo does not meet these requirements, then you will not be able to upload it to myOET. In addition, you should also ensure that your photo is:
- Less than three months old
- Of your head only
- In sharp focus
- Of you looking directly at the camera, with a neutral expression, mouth closed (no smiling, frowning or raised eyebrows)
- Of you with no head coverings (except for religious or medical purposes) and nothing covering the forehead, the outline of the eyes, the nose or mouth
- Without shadows
- Free from red-eye.
Note: If you need to upload another photo, you will need to fill out this form and one of our Customer Service staff will get in touch.