- Check the Apply for OET page on our website for more information
When you apply for the OET you will need to upload a suitable digital profile photo which meets the Photo Guidelines listed below.
If the photo uploaded is not suitable, you can submit a suitable photo via OET Candidate Profile Photo.
Please ensure all Photo Guidelines are met.
- To take OET you need to upload a recent, colour photo during the online application process.
- Your photo needs to be in an electronic format (jpg), in order to complete your application.
- Please follow our guidelines carefully. If your photo does not follow the guidelines, you will not be able to sit OET.
The photo must be:
- in jpg, or gif format
- file size must be between 200 KB and 2 MB
- be in colour
- be taken within the last three months
- be of your head only
- focus must be sharp
- background must be white or a pale colour and have no patterns
- be looking straight at camera
- no head coverings (except for religious or medical purposes)
- without anything covering the face - nothing should cover the outline of the eyes, nose or mouth
- without shadows on the picture
- no red-eye
- neutral expression, mouth closed (no smiling, frowning or raised eyebrows).