- You can use a valid passport or a national government issued ID.
- The ID that you book with must be the same as the one you bring on test day.
- If you do not have a valid ID, please read our FAQ ‘Can I book OET without a valid ID?’.
- For more information see 4.4 OET Test Regulations.
We accept the following forms of identification:
- Passport: a valid passport displaying your full name, date of birth, photograph, and expiry date.
- National Government Issued ID*: any single form of identification issued by the national government in the country you are sitting the OET (this excludes driver license). ID must include your full name, photograph, and date of birth (DoB) - all these features must be recorded on one form of national ID.
*US ONLY: Valid Government Issued IDs (excluding drivers licenses) are accepted. ID must include your full name, photograph, and date of birth (DoB) - all these features must be recorded on the one form of ID.
A valid national ID must be in English lettering and should include: your full name, photograph and date of birth (DoB) – all of these features must be recorded on the one form of national ID.
A European Union (EU) Card is regarded as a National Government ID and can be used for booking and sitting the test. You can use either your passport or national ID on the test day to verify your identity
Note: Where a National ID is not in English, then a certified translated copy will be required.
- Refugee and Asylum Status Candidates: please refer to the FAQ 'I am a refugee/asylum seeker, can I book OET without a passport of national ID?'
You will need one form of valid identification to book and sit the OET. The ID that you book with must be the same as the one you bring on test day.
To be valid, your ID must not have expired, been cancelled or made invalid in any other way as determined solely by us.
If your ID changes e.g. if your passport expires and you get a new one, or for all other ID enquires please contact our customer support team for assistance.